Chemical Name: Ammonium heptamolybdate
Other names:Ammonium molybdate or Ammonium paramolybdate
• 12054-85-2 (tetrahydrate)
Molar mass: 1163.9 g/mol
1235.86 g/mol (tetrahydrate)
Density : 2.498 g/cm3
Melting point: ~90 C (loses water molecule) 190 °C (decomp.)
Solubility in water:0.43 g/100 ml (tetrahydrate)
Appearance white to yellow-green crystalline solid
- as an analytical reagent to measure the amount of phosphates, silicates, arsenates and lead in aqueous solution (e.g. pigments, river water, sea water etc.)
- in the production of molybdenum metal and ceramics
- in the preparation of dehydrogenation and desulphurisation catalysts
- in the fixing of metals
- in electroplating
- in fertilizers for crops.
- as a negative stain in biological electron microscopy, typically in the 3–5% (vol/vol) concentration range and in the presence of trehalose; or at saturated concentration to perform cryo-negative staining.
- For the detection of recreational drugs as a component of the froehde reagent
25kgs plastic woven bag or woven jumbo bag
Stored in a cool, dry warehouse to prevent the hot and humid.